Powerless is a television series developed by Ben Queen for NBC, and the first sitcom series to be set within the world of the DC Comics's Universe . The Pilot, which was green lighted on August 2015, was set to series on May 11, 2016. It premiered on February 2, 2017.. The series was officially canceled by NBC on May 11, 2017.
In a world where humanity must cope with the collateral damage of superheroes and supervillains, Emily Locke begins her first day as Director of Research & Development for Wayne Security, a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises that specializes in products that make defenseless bystanders feel a little safer. Full of confidence and big ideas, Emily quickly learns that her expectations far exceed those of her new boss and officemates, so it will be up to her to lead the team toward their full potential and the realization that you don't need superpowers to be a hero.
Cast and charactersEdit
- Vanessa Hudgens as Emily Locke: Director of Research & Development at Wayne Security who loves her job because she gets to help people.
- Danny Pudi as Teddy: best friend to Emily at work and her trusted confidante. He spends his days creating time-wasting pranks as a way to make their office, the "least super place on earth," just a little less "unsuper."
- Alan Tudyk as Van Wayne: Emily's boss and cousin of Bruce Wayne. Prior to the retool, Tudyk's character was named Del Heller, and he was the new boss in the claims department. Del has just been promoted, not through any merit of his own, but because he's the owner's son. A self-proclaimed "rich, over-educated globetrotting wastrel," Del is a power-mad disastrous dictator of a boss.
- Christina Kirk as Jackie: a fan of superheroes, she has plastered her office cubicle with beefcake shots of super guys. The new claims department boss makes her his personal assistant, and she begins buckling under his unreasonable and impossible demands.
- Ron Funches as Ron: a sweet and innocent I.T. guy who, unlike his co-workers, has not lost his childlike enthusiasm for all things Super Hero.
- Kate Micucci as Wendy Harris.
- Josh Fadem as Marvin Harris.
In January 2016, it was reported that NBC gave the pilot order for Powerless. In February 2016, the main cast was announced: Vanessa Hudgens as the main character, Emily Locke, Danny Pudi as Teddy, Alan Tudyk as Van and Christina Kirk as Jackie. In July 2016, Ron Funches joined the cast as Ron. Originally, Powerless was set in the offices of Retcon Insurance, an insurance company that provided coverage against the various destructive acts committed by superheroes and supervillains as they fought. The original synopsis for the show stated:
Powerless "is a workplace comedy set at one of the worst insurance companies in America — with the twist being that it also takes place in the universe of DC Comics. The show is about the reality of working life for a normal, powerless person in a world of superheroes and villains."
In August 2016, it was reported that Ben Queen had departed as showrunner. In December, Powerless was announced as premiering on February 2nd, with a revamped premise that saw Emily and supporting characters now working for Wayne Security.
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 NBC’s DC Comics comedy ‘Powerless’ now takes place at a Wayne Enterprises company
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 title=Vanessa Hudgens to Star as Emily Locke in DC Comics Comedy ‘Powerless’ at NBC
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 DC Comics Sitcom Powerless Adds Alan Tudyk, Danny Pudi, And Christina Kirk
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 [http://www.indiewire.com/2016/07/powerless-ron-funches-dc-comics-nbc-1201707001/ ‘Powerless’: Ron Funches Joins the DC C omics Comedy]
- ↑ http://www.dustinschoof.com/scene-in-the-valley/2016/5/20/lehigh-valley-native-kate-micucci-joins-dc-comics-heroes-in-nbcs-powerless
- ↑ =Powerless TV Series Set Photos Reveal Crimson Fox
- ↑ NBC Has Ordered a Pilot for DC's Powerless